Do you have a child in the UK?

The Global Advantage:

  • Free initial assessment by phone or email
  • No call centres – speak directly to a specialist immigration lawyer
  • Fixed fees and unlimited support
  • Complete list of all documents needed
  • Professionally prepared applications
  • Experienced specialist immigration lawyers

We have clients across the UK and the rest of the world.
With phone, email and Skype, we can act for you wherever you are.

Rights of access to a child in the UK

If your child lives in the UK and is British or has Indefinite Leave to Remain, you can make an application to live in the UK based on your relationship with your child.

To be eligible to make this application you cannot be in a relationship with the other parent of your child, and you must be unable to make an application as a partner with anyone else who is settled in the UK.  If the child isn’t already living with you, you have to show that the person with whom your child lives is either British or has Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Just having a child living in the UK isn’t enough – you need to show either that you have sole responsibility for your child, or that you have the right of access to the child (this can either be a formal arrangement, through the courts, or an informal arrangement, between you and the child’s other parent).

You also need to be able to demonstrate that you take an active part in your child’s life.

This application can be made from the UK or from overseas.  You can apply for settlement after five years.

Maintenance and accommodation

You are free to take any employment you like on this visa, but not to access public funds.  You must show that you are able to maintain yourself in the UK, and that you have suitable accommodation arranged, when you apply for your visa.

English language requirement

If you are not a national of an English speaking country, and don’t have a degree that was taught in English, you need to have passed the Speaking and Listening elements of an approved English test at level A1 CEFR.

Call 08448 044 128 or email us today.  Get help to get your visa.


Mexit Mehaj


Mexit, or Max as he is called, is a man who believes in living dangerously, so though he had sought our advice over a period of about three months, it was not until the day that his visa was due to expire that he came into our office and instructed us to act for him in an application to remain in the UK on the basis of his relationship with his son, Arion, who is a British citizen.

Read the full case study

Has your Rights of Access Visa been refused?

Appeal rights have changed

Since 06 April 2015 the right of appeal has been severely limited, so that while you can still appeal if your visa is refused, you can only do so on human rights grounds.  Human rights law itself is in the process of changing, with the government’s stated intention to repeal the Human Rights Act and replace it with a British Bill of Rights.
You can read more about the appeal process, and how we can help you with your appeal, on our Appeals page.

How we can help you

All our lawyers have specialised in UK immigration law for at least 14 years – which means that when it comes to making successful applications, we know what we are talking about.  When you instruct us, we will:

Ensure that you know what the rules are

We will make sure that you know not only what the Immigration Rules are, but also how the decision maker will interpret the rules, based on the guidance given to Home Office officials.

Give you a complete list of documents

We provide a complete list of all the documents needed to support your application, both those that are mandatory and those based on our experience of preparing many thousand applications.

Check your documents

We will review your documents so that any problems can be dealt with before your application is lodged.

Prepare the application to a very high standard

We will complete all the paperwork, and draft detailed legal representations that set out your case, address any issues that may be problematic, and then go through the different requirements of the Immigration Rules and show how you meet each one.

Provide unlimited advice and support

We will work with you for as long as it takes to get your paperwork perfect.  And because we charge a fixed fee, you can call or email us at any time that your have a question without any extra charge, no matter how many times that is.


globe-75x75We have clients all over the UK and the rest of the world.  With phone, Skype, email and post, we can act for you wherever in the world you are.

Call 08448 044 128 or email us today to get your visa.